Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Voice

THE VOICE

As I sat beneath an oak tree near the creek bank I closed my eyes and became aware of the different sounds that were around me. The rustling of the leaves, the babbling of the creek, and the song of a robin that sat above me in the oak. As the sounds swirled around me melding into each other yet still maintaining their independence I realized that I was hearing the voice of the Creator

“ I speak to you of gentleness through the winds that stir the oak leaf, I speak to you of joy through the robins’ chorus, and I speak to you of cleansing through the rushing waters of the creek. I convey my attributes to you through the natural beauty that I bestow upon the world around you”, the voice said to me.

“When do you speak to me of guilt, condemnation, and the worthlessness of my soul”, I asked the voice.

“ I do not speak of these things for they are attributes that man has labeled me with out of fear”, replied the voice.

Namaste,
JAH

2 comments:

  1. So Beautiful :)

    Welcome to the blogosphere Jerry

    A Lil Enchanted,
    ~LaShan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I loved this... Maria

    ReplyDelete